With a unique legal background, Mr. Emejuru brings a fresher perspective and different type of experience to the table for his clients. See how he can help you.
Employment Law Help in Silver Spring
Choose an Employment Attorney That Will Fight for You
Employment and labor issues can be exceedingly complex. They are designed to protect workers from discrimination and ensure their access to a safe and fair work environment, but employers don’t always adhere to these laws. If you aren’t sure of your rights, you might not know when an employer violates them.
We provide strategic counsel and employment representation of the highest quality and greatest integrity. This field of law is a continuously evolving landscape, and we are here to demystify this complex system and fight for justice on your behalf.
What does an employment law attorney do?
An experienced employment lawyer can provided strategic and tenacious representation involving all the following employment law matters, and more:
- Sexual harassment
- Wrongful termination
- Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
- Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
- Claims within either the private or public sector
- Whistleblower violations
- Administrative defense
- Non-compete agreements
- Fair labor standards
- Wage and hour disputes
- Governmental affairs
- Employee benefits law
- Separation and severance agreements
- Workplace safety and occupational health
- Merit System Protection Board (MSPB) cases
- EEOC mediation and administrative hearings
Our attorney at Emejuru Law has substantial experience in employment-related litigation in the Silver Spring and Washington, D.C. area. We represent clients through all phases and types of disputes, advocating for workers before administrative agencies and both state and federal courts.
We work with employees in a wide variety of settings, from small businesses to corporate industries to federal agencies. No matter your situation or issue, we are fully prepared to fight tooth and nail for your rights. While we will never provide anything less than compassionate and sensitive support, we will not hesitate to fight aggressively on your behalf in a court of law.
What Are The Five Major Kinds Of Employment Laws?
The field of employment law is complex, and it covers a wide range of legal issues that arise in the workplace. There are five major kinds of employment law, which include:
- Wage and Hour Law: This type of employment law governs the minimum wage, overtime pay, and other compensation-related matters.
- Discrimination Law: This type of employment law prohibits employers from discriminating against employees based on their race, gender, religion, age, disability, or other protected characteristics.
- Workplace Safety Law: This type of employment law requires employers to maintain a safe and healthy work environment and provide employees with proper safety training and equipment.
- Leave Law: This type of employment law governs the right of employees to take leave for medical or family-related reasons, such as the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA).
- Employment Contract Law: This type of employment law governs the terms and conditions of employment, such as the duration of employment, salary, benefits, and job duties.
If you are facing an employment law issue in Silver Spring, MD, or the Washington D.C. area, Emejuru Law can help. As a trusted Silver Spring employment employment lawyer with over ten years of experience, Attorney Emejuru has successfully represented hundreds of clients in a wide range of employment law matters. They are well-versed in all areas of employment law and can provide comprehensive legal support to employees who face workplace discrimination, wage and hour violations, wrongful termination, and other employment law issues.
If you need legal help with an employment law issue in Silver Spring, MD or the Washington D.C. area, Emejuru Law is a top choice for a trusted and experienced employment lawyer who has taken hundreds of cases to trial successfully. Contact us online or call (240) 607-5552.